Develop “confident” sense of rhythm
That’s what these tracks do. They work! -Brian H.
So much fun
The tracks are swinging and sounding excellent and is so much fun to play to it. And the best way of practicing / enjoying the trading. -Stefan H.
Really useful stuff!
An excellent way to practice trading. Well recorded with a great mixture of tunes/ different feels. Really good time throughout as well (even when the bass drops out!!) – Keith H.
Jazz drum play alongs for trading fours and eights
Master your Jazz drums trading fours and eights with these Jazz drum play alongs. These Jazz drum play alongs give you focused drum practice in Jazz Swing 4/4 and 3/4 and Brazilian Bossa Nova and Samba.
This Jazz drum play alongs value bundle, includes all of the Jazz Swing and Bossa Nova and Samba drumless tracks at a nice price! Save 20% on hours of fun and improve your drum solo timing and creativity.
Here are some tips for improving your drum solo timing
When using the mix with no bass during your fours or eights, try the following to strengthen your internal timing:
- At first, don’t play but instead sing the 3rd note of the triplet of each beat. This is the most important accent in Jazz. Check out this video too. Singing this note will strengthen your internal timing and ability to feel syncopated notes without rushing them. Internally subdividing is critical in slower tempo tunes but can also help in faster ones. Singing that 3rd note of the triplet will help you with feeling subdivision.
- Play only half note or quarter note drum solos during your fours or eights. Nothing fancy. This will force you to focus and line up your playing with the quarter note pulse.
- If you have an app that allows you to slow down the music, taking it slower is a great way to practice 1 and 2 above.
- All in all, playing with simplicity and focusing on time will serve you well. After you feel confident playing simply, start to add more notes.
Why are these drumless tracks so helpful?
Trading fours and eights is when a member of a Jazz band plays a solo for four or eight measures and another member then solos for the same amount of time. Trading fours and eights is usually used between the drummer and other members of a band.
These Jazz drum play alongs are expertly crafted to help you improve your solo timing and creativity. With various mix options, you can even have the bass play time during your fours and eights to help you feel 4 and 8-measure phrases. This helps you to know when to start and end your soloing.
If you want to become good, I mean really good at trading fours and eights, these drumless tracks are a powerful tool to help you get there.
All drum play alongs are based on Jazz standards
INCLUDES 3 MIX VERSIONS OF EACH SONG (Bass plays during drum solos, no bass during drum solos, bass only):
- ALL BLUES
- BYE BYE BLACKBIRD
- DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES
- JUST FRIENDS
- ROUTE 66
- SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME
Bossa Nova and Samba
- THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA
- MANHÃ DE CARNAVA
- O BARQUINHO
- ONE NOTE SAMBA
- SÓ DANÇO SAMBA
- Two ZIP files containing 36 high-fidelity MP3’s totaling 256 MB.
Note: Every drumless track collection has unique songs. No songs are shared in multiple collections.
After your payment is processed you will receive an email with your download link. You can also download your product on the order confirmation page after payment.