Modern Jazz Artists blending Jazz, Hip Hop, Classical and Soul into sonic perfection.
Modern Jazz Artists Looking Toward The Future
I recorded with a group of young and powerful modern jazz artists in 2019 and this is the result of that recording project. Very challenging and fun music all around. We fused, Jazz, Hip Hop, Classical and Soul to create a unique sound. Compositionally, there were no boundaries. In the playing, we were fearless!
A Pandemic And Modern Jazz Artists
We were just starting to take off in the Fall of 2019 and then COVID-19 hit. All of our festival and other gigs were cancelled. We had some serious momentum and were gaining a following throughout Japan and the US. Who knows, maybe someday we’ll ride again. In the meantime please enjoy!
More about this Modern Jazz album
The album title is from one of the songs Flying Humanoid. The image is of a person flying through the air in some sort of jet suit. Actually, this kind of technology is not to far off in the future.
The mood of this album is intense, relaxing, grooving and pensive all rolled into one. No matter what mood you’re in, there’s a song on this album to match it.
Check out the sample tracks above. This is an exclusive release for digital download available here at my store.
About These Modern Jazz Artists
I named the group the Future Jazz Quartet because of how the compositions are not constrained to traditional Jazz song forms or arranging. The other band members are also much younger than me so I feel they represent the future of Jazz. The two elements created a very fresh modern Jazz.
Band members include:
Track Listing for FLYING HUMANOID
10 TOTAL TRACKS INCLUDE:
- FLYING HUMANOID (9:28) (Aiko Yoshiba – composer)
- PARADISE (8:16) (Harumo Imai – composer)
- ETUDE FOR ELDAR (11:09) (Aiko Yoshiba – composer)
- PERFUME (6:40) (Naoki Isobe – composer)
- FREESTYLE (6:50) (Von Baron – composer)
- AUTUMN IN AKITA (6:19) (Von Baron – composer)
- REBEL WEED (9:09) (Harumo Imai – composer)
- FOG (5:54) (Naoki Isobe – composer)
- COLD AND RAINY (8:49) (Naoki Isobe – composer)
- GIG AGAIN (1:10) (Aiko Yoshiba – composer)
Recording, Mixing, Mastering Engineer:
万波幸治 Koji Mannami
草野肇 Hajime Kusano
- One 101 MB ZIP file containing all 10 high-fidelity MP3’s.
After your payment is processed you will receive an email with your download link. You can also download your product on the order confirmation page after payment.