Develop “confident” sense of rhythm
That’s what these tracks do. They work! -Brian H.
So much fun
The tracks are swinging and sounding excellent and is so much fun to play to it. And the best way of practicing / enjoying the trading. -Stefan H.
Really useful stuff!
An excellent way to practice trading. Well recorded with a great mixture of tunes/ different feels. Really good time throughout as well (even when the bass drops out!!) – Keith H.
A complete Drumless tracks bundle for trading fours and eights
Master your Jazz drums trading fours and eights and drum chart (drum notation) reading too! Here’s a value bundle that includes all of the Jazz Swing and Bossa Nova and Samba Practice Systems drumless tracks + all of the drum charts for a great price! Save over 20% on hours of fun while you practice your soloing and improve your creativity, timing and reading ability.
What is trading fours and eights?
In Jazz, we often trade solos between the drums and other instruments. These solos are either 4 or 8 measures. For example, the piano may play a 4-measure solo and then the drums will play a 4-measure solo. This is called “trading.”
Mix options for all drumless tracks
When to start and stop your drum solos is usually the hardest thing in learning to trade fours and eights. This drumless tracks bundle has 3 mix options for each song to help you correct and master this.
- One mix, is with the bass playing straight through your solo time. This helps you to know clearly where you start and end your fours and eights.
- There are also mixes that have no bass during the drum fours and eights. This will help you develop better internal time and timing in your soloing and overall playing.
- Yet another mix is with only bass from the beginning to the end of the song. This will allow you to stretch out and play extended drum solos helping you develop solo ideas.
Use these drumless tracks for soloing in other styles
This drumless track bundle includes Swing and Bossa Nova and Samba styles of Jazz. You can practice your fours and eights in a triplet-based Swing style and straight-eights Bossa Nova style. Learning in these two different feels will help you solo over many other styles of music.
Here are some tips for improving your drum solo timing
When using the mix with no bass during your fours or eights, try the following to strengthen your internal timing:
- At first, don’t play but instead sing the 3rd note of the triplet of each beat. This is the most important accent in Jazz. Check out this video too: https://youtu.be/dI0SymNiIaE Singing this note will strengthen your internal timing and ability to feel syncopated notes without rushing them. Internally subdividing is critical in slower tempo tunes but can also help in faster ones. Singing that 3rd note of the triplet will help you with feeling subdivision.
- Play only half note or quarter note drum solos during your fours or eights. Nothing fancy. This will force you to focus and line up your playing with the quarter note pulse.
- If you have an app that allows you to slow down the music, taking it slower is a great way to practice 1 and 2 above.
- All in all, playing with simplicity and focusing on time will serve you well. After you feel confident playing simply, start to add more notes.
Includes drum charts (drum sheet music)
Each of the songs in this bundle also come with drum sheet music or “drum charts” as they are commonly called. One of my goals with all of my products, is for you to feel comfortable playing in real music situations. This includes at rehearsals, on the bandstand or in the studio.
Drum charts are an important part of performing music. Most of the best paying gigs have drum charts, so being prepared to read them is an important skill. These charts give you the roadmap for each song and some have music hits or “kicks” to play with the band.
Be the best you can be!
Use these charts to get the most out of your practice and be the best you can be on the drums! It’s a complete practice system to take you Jazz playing to a new level.
Here’s what’s included in this drumless track-drum chart bundle
INCLUDES DRUM CHARTS AND 3 MIX VERSIONS OF EACH SONG (Bass plays during drum solos, no bass during drum solos, bass only):
- ALL BLUES
- BYE BYE BLACKBIRD
- DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES
- JUST FRIENDS
- ROUTE 66
- SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME
Bossa Nova and Samba
- THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA
- MANHÃ DE CARNAVA
- O BARQUINHO
- ONE NOTE SAMBA
- SÓ DANÇO SAMBA
- Four ZIP files containing 48 high-fidelity MP3’s. Total download size is 256 MB.
Note: Every drumless track collection has unique songs. No songs are shared in multiple collections.
After your payment is processed you will receive an email with your download link. You can also download your product on the order confirmation page after payment.