Develop “confident” sense of rhythm
That’s what these Jazz backing tracks for drums do. They work! -Brian H.
So much fun
The tracks are swinging and sounding excellent and is so much fun to play to it. And the best way of practicing / enjoying the trading. -Stefan H.
Really useful stuff!
An excellent way to practice trading. Well recorded with a great mixture of tunes/ different feels. Really good time throughout as well (even when the bass drops out!!) – Keith H.
What Is Trading Fours And Eights?
In Jazz, we often trade solos between the drums and other instruments. These solos are either 4 or 8 measures. For example, the piano may play a 4-measure solo and then the drums will play a 4-measure solo. This is called “trading.”
Trading Fours And Eights Jazz Backing Tracks For Drums Bundle
Master your Jazz drums trading fours and eights, timing and drum notation reading too! Here’s a value bundle of Jazz backing tracks for drums that includes the Jazz Swing and Bossa Nova and Samba Practice Systems drumless tracks + all of the drum charts for a great price! Save over 20% on hours of practice enjoyment. Great to improve your drum soloing and your creativity, timing and reading ability.
Jazz Backing Tracks For Drums Mix Options
When to start and stop your drum solos is usually the hardest thing in learning to trade fours and eights. This Jazz backing tracks bundle has 3 mix options for each song to help you correct and master this.
- One mix, is with the bass playing straight through your solo time. This helps you to know clearly where you start and end your fours and eights.
- There are also mixes that have no bass during the drum fours and eights. This will help you develop better internal time and timing in your soloing and overall playing.
- Yet another mix is with only bass from the beginning to the end of the song. This will allow you to stretch out and play extended drum solos helping you develop solo ideas.
Use These Drumless Tracks For Soloing In Other Styles
This drumless track bundle includes Swing and Bossa Nova and Samba styles of Jazz. You can practice your fours and eights in a triplet-based Swing style and straight-eights Bossa Nova style. Learning in these two different feels will help you solo over many other styles of music.
Here Are Some Tips For Mastering These Jazz Backing Tracks For Drums
The most challenging Jazz backing tracks for drums in this collection are the ones without bass playing behind the drum solo fours and eights. Here are some tips to help you improve your time and master these tracks.
6 tips for the Trading Fours and Eights drumless tracks:
- Count subdivisions out loud without playing drums to check how accurate your timing is. For example count triplets, 1/4 note triplets or 1/4 notes.
- Don’t play but sing your solos. This will get you to tap into a greater creative center in your brain and connect you more deeply to the both the music and the pulse of the tempo.
- Go back to the tracks with the bass and really listen to see if your soloing is lining up with the bass 1/4’s. You’ll probably discover some places where you are naturally speeding up or slowing down. Fix those and then move on to the bass-less tracks again.
- Play only half note or quarter note drum solos during your fours or eights, nothing fancy. This will force you to focus and line up your playing with the quarter note pulse.
- All in all, playing with simplicity and focusing on time will serve you well. After you feel confident playing simply, start to add more notes.
- Just keep at it and you will start to feel a more solid pulse during that solo time.
Includes Drum Charts (drum sheet music)
Each of the songs in this bundle also come with drum sheet music or “drum charts” as they are commonly called. One of my goals with all of my products, is for you to feel comfortable playing in real music situations. This includes at rehearsals, on the bandstand or in the studio.
Drum charts are an important part of performing music. Most of the best paying gigs have drum charts, so being prepared to read them is an important skill. These charts give you the roadmap for each song and some have music hits or “kicks” to play with the band.
Click here to check out the PDF drum chart for Route 66.
Be The Best Drummer You Can Be!
Use these charts to get the most out of your practice and be the best you can be on the drums! It’s a complete practice system to take your Jazz playing to a new skill level.
Included In This Jazz Backing Tracks For Drums Bundle
INCLUDES DRUM CHARTS AND 3 MIX VERSIONS OF EACH SONG (Bass plays during drum solos, no bass during drum solos, bass only):
- ALL BLUES
- BYE BYE BLACKBIRD
- DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES
- JUST FRIENDS
- ROUTE 66
- SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME
Bossa Nova and Samba
- THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA
- MANHÃ DE CARNAVA
- O BARQUINHO
- ONE NOTE SAMBA
- SÓ DANÇO SAMBA
- Four ZIP files containing 48 high-fidelity MP3’s. Total download size is 256 MB.
Note: Every drumless track collection has unique songs. No songs are shared in multiple collections.
After your payment is processed you will receive an email with your download link. You can also download your product on the order confirmation page after payment.
There are no reviews yet.